Sunday, May 20, 2012

Texarkana trip through the eye of a phone

We are on our way home from a great trip to Texarkana Tx. I just love visiting Dawn and her family!! She has been my best friend since the 6th grade :))

I thought I would do a fast run down of our trip with my phone pictures. I have more on my camera that I'll post later.

We first stopped off in Terrell on our way and did a little shopping at the outlet mall. I pick this sweet dress up for Kyn at Gymboree for $8! It was originally $30.



I also got kooper a pair of froggy swimming trunks and Bradley bought him a new pair of Nikes (no pics)

We arrived at their place at 4:30 and went straight to the pool! (those pics from Fridays pool day are on my camera)

After the pool we went back in and had the best Greek salad I have ever tasted!! Dawn out did her self.



I have got to get this recipe!!

Saturday we got up and moving and headed out the door to the park while the guys played golf. First Dawn drove me around town to show me some houses and land they are looking at.

We went to this pretty park that had so many things to do and places to sit and have picnics.



(sorry Kyn had a mouth full of crackers)



Kooper did a little swinging! He looked so cute!



We then ran home real fast so Peyton (dawns oldest) could get ready for her t-ball game.
After the game we went home and put the girls down for naps and kooper played. Dawn and I got to sneak out and have some girl time!



We enjoyed each others company at a little Mexican restaurant and had chips and dip and a frozen margarita :))
We then went to a local store and did a little looking...no shopping :(

We headed home and got ready to go back to the pool. We swam and laid out for about an hour or two.















Kooper did not like the water!!

We headed back inside and had another wonderful supper. Dawn made the best chicken spaghetti!! After supper we just hung around, put her kids to bed (mine refused lol) played the wii and finally went to bed.

Got up this morning and went to church with them. They have a beautiful church. It reminds Dawn and I of the church we went to growing up, the same church Bradley and I go to now. We dropped the kids off in their classes and head to service. We had just finished singing the first opening sound and were seated when my pager from the nursery went off letting me know kooper was screaming his heart out. Bless his heart! He was out of his comfort zone and was not happy. So I missed service :(( I was pretty sad about it but I could not let him cry. Kynlie had a blast in Sunday school and didn't wanna leave :))

We then went to eat lunch and now we are headed home! We have about 2 1/2 hrs left before get home.

We had a great time and I can't wait until our next trip up to see them...

With Love
Christie

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: