Monday, February 22, 2010

Quitting Cold Turkey

We've had an addiction going on in our house. I thought it was time to quit, although, I knew it wouldn't be easy. I thought to myself, "just do it", "do it now before it gets too late". So I did! 4 weeks ago today, marks the date of quitting "cold turkey".
This sweet little girl...
Gave this up...
and didn't even cry.

4 weeks ago today, I told Heather, let's start only giving her, her paci at nap time or if she's really really fussy. When I got there to pick her up, I asked how it went and much to my surprise, Heather told me she didn't have it at all and didn't even act like she wanted it when she laid her down for her two naps. So I knew I had to not give it to her that night. Which by the way was so hard for me. She wasn't fussy at all, so I knew she didn't need it, but in my head, I thought she did. It also meant my baby was growing up on me and I wasn't ready to face it. I did it though, I didn't give it to her. I laid her down for bed and walked out. She went fast a sleep like she normally does and didn't wake up at all. So here we are 4 weeks later....she's still with no "P" Paci". I don't even think it fazed her. I'm glad, I didn't want to have to bribe her or tell her stories of how she's a big girl now and doesn't need it anymore. So as hard as it was for Momma to give up the paci, I'm glad we did.

No comments: