Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Ma

Today would have been my Ma's birthday. She was such a special lady to me. She passed away February 14 2001 (ironically, the same day in 2008 my Papa died). I miss her very very much. She was a great wife, mom, grandma, & great-grandma. She is my moms mom. Kynlie's middle name is named after her.... June. I had to keep her a live some how, so what better way then to name my first born after her. I still cry to this day because I miss her so much. There is so much I would do if she were still alive. I'd spend way more time with her and let Kynlie know her. Since I can't do that, I'll tell Kynlie all about what a great person she was. I will tell her how much she would have loved her and how much she would have spoiled her rotten (more than she already is) How talented she was at playing the piano and what a Christian she was. I can remember growing up and always wanting to go over to my grandparents house and spend the night. I loved sliding down their stair case in the living room. I remember getting in the back seat of their car when they would come visit us so in hopes I could leave with them. My Ma would always sing fun songs to me growing up. "You get a line, I'll get pole, we'll go down to the craw fish hole...." Hey Hey good lookin, whatcha got cookin...." I'll make sure I sing these same songs to Kynlie.....no matter how goofy she thinks I am! I wish I had a picture to share on here of her, but I don't have any on my computer. I'll have to work on scanning one in to post. She was a beautiful lady. I never knew her not to be all dolled up (until her last year before she passed) she always wore high dollar clothes, fancy jewelry, and pretty make up. She always smelled like Channel 5. I love that perfume!! Looking at pictures of my mom growing up she always was fixed up really nice in dresses and lipstick. A girls always got to look her best!

Happy Birthday Ma. We all love you and miss you so very much!

These are some flowers I put out one year for her birthday

1 comment:

Cathy P said...

I can't believe you call your grandmother "Ma." I thought we were the only ones that did that - my grandmother is "Ma" although I put an "l" sound on it most of the time and it comes out Mall. hahaha Very sweet tribute.