Thursday, March 5, 2009

1/2 A Year Old

Yes that's right, our Kynlie June Bug is 6 months, 1/2 a year old today! It's hard to believe it's been 6 months since God gave us the most precious gift two people could ever get. It's a bitter sweet feeling. I love the fact she's growing and learning new things everyday and I love watching her develop new skills, but at the same time I miss the baby/newborn feel (if that makes any since).

She is now eating more foods, she's had applesauce, bananas, peaches, and sweet potato's, next we are going to try some pears, green beans, squash, and maybe some peas and carrots. I think she's likes everything so far. I think peaches are her favorite. I personally did not care for the smell of the bananas.

She is really trying to crawl. It's the cutest thing watching her on her hands and knees rocking back and forth, with her hinny in the air. I know soon she'll take off and I wont be able to catch her. She scoots backwards all the time and will turn in circles.

She is still saying DA DA DA DA all the time. Brad loves it! She's also blowing spit bubble. That's pretty cute and messy.

SHE IS STILL SLEEPING IN HER BED AND SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT....WOO HOO!!!!! (I hope I didn't just jinks myself)

She is still very very attached to me. Heather and I think she may have separation anxiety. We have read that it's common at this age. I'm still breastfeeding her, so that may play a big part. I cannot be in the same room as her and let someone else hold her, with out her crying. I cannot put her down to play and walk away with out her crying. Some may say that she's spoiled and that may be the case, but SPOILED=LOVED

Bath time is still so much fun. She can sit in there forever and splash around and talk up a storm, especially saying DA DA DA DA over and over. She loves the water. She does not like getting out and putting on her PJ's and lotion, she'll kick her legs and scream. I guess the baby likes to be naked.

She will not have her 6 month check up and shots until she is 7 months, because her doctor is so busy and booked he can't see her till April, she'll be just fine. I can't wait to see what she weighs and how much she's grown. Her pants are just now starting to get short on her.

I'm excited the time is changing this weekend. Not because we are losing an hour but because it will stay lighter outside longer and when we get home at night we can get in the stroller and go around the neighborhood or get out the outside play mat and just enjoy the weather (good weather we are hoping for). Also with the time changing that means Spring is on it's way, and then SUMMER!

I do have to say it's been the best 6 months of my life. I can't wait for the other six months and many many years to come with our sweet baby girl. She's amazing and we love her more than I could ever explain!

No comments: