Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Two Little Pumpkins at the Dallas Arboretum

Last week my mom and I took the kids to the Dallas Arboretum so that I could get some Fall pictures.


It was a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky. We got there sometime around 10 and it was already so packed we had to park in the back parking lot. But it didn't seem too crowded on the inside.


I had been talking about going for a few days and bought the kids new tops to wear for pictures. I told Kynlie all about the pumpkins she was going to see, and how she was going to get to sit in Cinderella's carriage and play in a pumpkin patch. She was very excited to go and take pictures. Well much to my surprise, when we got there she wanted nothing to do with pumpkins, Cinderella, the camera, etc... She was a stinker (to put it nicely).
Kooper did great when we go there and I got a lot of nice pictures of him.


 

 (this last one cracks me up LOL!!!!)

I tried everything I could think of to get Kynlie to cooperate and take pictures, nothing worked. Finally, I told her I was sad and I was about to cry because she wouldn't take the pretty pictures and this is what I got from her...


After that, she was all about taking pictures and posing. I finally got her to put on her cute vest I bought for the pictures too. It ended up being a perfect day at the Arboretum.

 (My FAVORITE one of Kynlie!!!)

We headed back over to the kids area and I ended up with all of these wonderful pictures of the kids. I am so pleased at how it turned out.
 




(I love Kooper's face here...it's like he's saying "momma look at all the pumpkins")
 (I had this picture blown up to a 11x14 for our living room wall. I just love this picture)
 (Now he's saying "momma enough of the pictures already")




Kooper was a very good boy. Granted I kept shoving Gerber cereal bars down him and apple juice to get him back in the stroller with out screaming his head off. Which ended up being a mistake. After we got in the car and headed home, he kept fussing. I thought he was fighting his nap, but no...he was fighting a tummy ache. He threw up all over his self and the car seat. Bless his heart, I over fed him.

All and all it was a great day with the kids and my mom. I can't wait to go back for spring pictures.

No comments: