Sunday, September 11, 2011

Surviving - September 11, 2001 - My Story

"Something special happened on this day ten years ago. I came to a realization that you and this country were going to survive even after what you were going through. I knew the because you are a fighter and have faith. That's just a couple of reasons I love you and this country so much. Hope yall have a great day and give kiddos sugars."


That was the text message I received from my daddy this morning.


9/11 has a lot more memories for me and my family. Not only was it the worst day in Americas history and the worst attack on Americas land. But 10 years ago while brave men and woman were fighting for their life's and other life's.....


I was fighting for mine


10 years ago I was laying in a hospital bed sick. At that time the doctors did not know what was wrong with me. All we knew was I was very sick and kept loosing blood but could not find a diagnoses. I had already been in the hospital for 2 weeks at this time and I was 2 days away from my 20th birthday and 3 days way from a minor lung surgery.


I remember laying in my hospital bed on the 17th floor at Baylor of
Dallas hospital and my grandmother called and told us to turn on the TV. I remember hearing nurses and doctors in the hall way talking about what had happen. I remember laying there watching the TV and hearing them say they have called all planes to land around America. I remember being scared and looking out my window, just waiting to see a plane fly by. I remember feeling so very sad for all the life's being lost that day. I remember feeling confused and not understanding what was happening and why it was happening. I remember thinking this isn't fair.


Well, I survived my illness. Thank God! I was "cured" and released in October. But my heart breaks over and over to see that over 3000 people did not survive that day and the days after.


As my dad said in his text I would survive and so will this country.


This country is surviving and will continue to survive. Our hearts will always hurt when we see the awful attack on our country and we will continue to grieve as the years go on, but we are surviving!!


We shall never forget that day. I know I wont...

No comments: