Friday, September 2, 2011

Kooper Mathew's birth story "No pushing"

I'm just now getting around to posting about Kooper's birthday. To say I'm tired is an understatement. When I get a down time, I try and sit and relax. I hope to keep blogging as much as possible because I have so much of Kynlie's first years and I would love to have Koopers too.

(this is what he wore home. He was 2 days old here)

I went in at 5:00 a.m. on Monday August 15 to be induced. (hoped I would have gone in labor my self like I did with Kynlie, but I didn't) I got checked in and in my room really fast. I was the only one there at the time. The nurse said it was a long slow night and they were glad to see me.

I got changed and in bed and that's when all the fun started. The nurse started to give me my IV and guess what, I PASSED OUT COLD!! LOL yep, just passed on out. I do not like needles and I have a low pain tolerance. I wasn't looking and I was laying down, but I just couldn't handle it I guess. I woke up really quickly (so I was told) but it felt if I was out forever! Then it wasn't long after I passed out, I started to throw up. I'm an awful patient HA! The nurse said she had been bored all night, so I felt I should give her a little excitement.

(yes I know he looks gross but oh well)
After all that I finally calmed down and started to feel better. They didn't give me my pitocin until some time after 7:00 a.m. It was a little while before I started to really feel the contractions. (I started to wonder if it was working) When I did finally start feeling the contractions I asked if I could get my epidural but I wasn't dilated enough. 3, going on 4. When I finally got to a 4 I was told I could but I had to wait because the anesthesiologist was in a c-section.

I finally got it, and felt very nauseous while getting it, but I did not pass out!!! I honestly couldn't tell you what time of the day it was when I got it, but I was glad to. I still didn't dilate very fast. Every time she checked me, I had only dilated 1 more cm.

At one point the nurse was concerned he was not head down, so she brought in a manual sono machine. He was head down, but not too low. They were waiting on me to dilate more before they came in to break my water. WELL that didn't happen. Funny story (at least to me). Our assistant pastor/music minister came to see us and pray for us and he was standing next to me at my bed and we were all just talking and I felt this POP feeling (even though I was numb) and a slightly warm feeling gushing in my bed. Out of know where I look over at Bro. David (assistant pastor) and just blurted out "OH MY GOODNESS, MY WATER JUST BROKE" and he looked at me kinda funny and everyone started laughing. I'm not sure why I turned to him and told him. It was like I thought he could do something for me LOL. Well, we kept on talking and it happened again, another pop feeling and warmth. AND I said it to him again. Then he grabbed my hand and said lets pray and I'll get out of here. I think I scared him LOL.

The nurse came in and double checked that's what it was, and sure enough it was my water. So things were moving along. The nurse decided to turn me on my left side  to see if he would move down some because he just didn't seem to want to move. I laid that was for about 20 mins I guess. Then she moved me to my right and that's when I started to feel more pressure in my bottom. I assume he was laying more to my right. She told me to let her know if  I started feeling a lot of pressure so I told her. She came and checked me and I was a 10!!!

They started preparing everything to get ready for his arrival. Calling the Doctor, bringing in all the equipment, and nurses. I kept telling the nurse I'm feeling a lot of pressure "down there" and so she got me ready (legs in the stirrups). The doctor got there and started getting dressed in his gown and gloves. As he was dressing I kept saying I'm feeling lots of pressure and everyone in the room, Brad, Mom, my friend Candice from church (who happened to just be in there when I finally dilated fully so I said it was ok for her to stay) and all the nurses said they could see his head. My contraction were very close and strong. Every contraction I had he was coming out. When the doctor was ready and sat "down there" he said don't push, your contraction is doing it. I had one more contraction and he came right on out!!! I didn't even have to push!!!!! How awesome is that??? The doctor said I made having a baby look easy.

(Brad watching him come out on his own while the doctor and nurses got ready)

So Kooper Mathew Kubin came in to the world at 5:22 pm weighing 8lbs 6oz 20 1/2 inches. A perfect healthy little boy!! Who we all love sooooo much!!! (he came 21 minutes before Kynlie's time, weighed 1oz bigger, and 1/2 inch longer....he had to out do her some how LOL)

Kooper is a name we had been talking about and we both just thought fit him and Mathew is my brothers first name (he's named after my dad's cousin's last name that's why there is only one T instead of two)
So there you have it! That's how he came into this world.


Christa said...

Congratulations! He is just precious!

Dianna said...