Friday, September 30, 2011

Last nights dinner - Smothered Steak

Not sure why this is my second post in a row about food but, oh well!

Last night I cooked one of my favorite meals. It's so easy and fast. I think my mom told me about this years ago.

I buy the chuck eye of round steaks. I like to use our plug in skillet. Place the steaks evenly in the skillet and season to your taste.



I would usually like to cut up a white onion for a great taste, but I didn't have one this time. So I used onion powder, garlic salt, and pepper. I season both sides, for a great taste.



Now the "smothered" part can be used with probably anything, but these are the things I like to use. Canned stew tomatoes and diced tomatoes. I also like to buy the ones with different favors. I love seasonings to my food, more the better!!



Then all you do is top your steaks with it!!



Cover and let it cook on the lowest temp for about 20 mins. Then check it to see if it's done or tender. It's hard to say what exact temp and how long b/c every cut of meat is different and will cook different. I don't like to cook it on too high b/c it can get tough.

I served it last night with mash potatoes, green beans and rolls!

So yummy!!! Enjoy!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Christie Kubin

No comments: