Tuesday, September 15, 2009

12 Months

Kynlie had her 12 months check up last Friday. Poor baby had to get a lot of shots too. Let me tell ya, she was not a happy camper. They also gave her a flu shot. Just the Tuesday before, I had to take her in because she was so sick and they gave her two shots of antibiotics. So just in the the last week she's had 7 shots! Poor baby!
Anyways, other than all the shots the appointment went great. She was a very good girl. She is now weighing 19lbs and is 28.5 inches long. I think she's going to be short like her momma. He said she is very healthy and said she is right at the 50% mark. She has 6 teeth, 4 on the bottom and 2 on the top. I think she's getting some back teeth in too. She's loves to bite. Somehow, I'm going to have to teach her not to do that and that it hurts mommy really bad!
We have started feeding her more than just baby food. She LOVES Nilla Wafers. Who doesn't? I am still breast feeding her in the morning and at night. Through out the day she has whole milk and seems to be doing great adjusting to something new. We have also started feeding her the Gerber meals and she LOVES them. It takes her a little longer to eat but she will get it done.
She is wearing size 6-9 months some 3-6 month skirts and shorts (she has a tiny waist) and some 12 months, depending on what it is.
She really is starting to talk. She babels on and on sometimes. Funny story, last night after we got home she said Dada, so I said Momma, she said Dada, I said Momma, it went on and on forever. It was like we were in competition with each other. I was determined for her to say momma (which she can) but she wanted to say Dada. I love moments like that, that make me laugh.
She is the light of my life. I can not imagine my life without her. I can't remember what Brad and I did 12 months ago without her. Seriously....it most have been really boring.......just kidding, mine and Brad's time alone is great! (but now it's WONDERFUL)

I don't have any current pictures to post (just the ones from the post below) so I'll leave you with some funny ones from when she was a few weeks old.


And how about this one... 1 day old, coming home from the hospital. Now her legs hang over the car seat

2 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That last picture at a day old is sooo sweet! I love it and can't believe how fast kiddos grow!

Heather said...

Your baby girl is precious!! Happy 12 months! I too love that last picture!! Precious!!