Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quitting 1 Year Ago To Have My Dream Job

I can not believe its been a year since I was able to quit my job at the doctors office and start my new job as a full time stay at home mom/wife. Time sure does go fast when you're having fun.
I feel so blessed to have been given the chance to stay home with my babies. I never thought I would be able to do this.
I am very lucky to have a hard working, supportive, & loving husband who does everything he can so I can be with our babies and take full care of them. But at the same time we are just as blessed to have the parents we have who are so supportive of me staying home and help us out in so many ways. We are so lucky to have the family we have!

Now let me be honest.... In my head when I worked, I had this image of a stay at home mom/wife and I always imagine what my life would be like if I ever had the chance to stay home. HA!!! Let me say, it's not as I imagine. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I would never regret my decision to stay home.

I always thought if I stayed home, my house would alway be so clean, because I'd have more time to keep it clean. Nope, I find it harder to keep it clean. Probably because I have a almost 4 yr old and almost 1 yr old right behind me making messes or better yet, making memories :))

I always thought and told Bradley if I stay home I'll be able to keep laundry caught up. HA!! Nope, I feel like I swim in laundry. As I type this I have a mountain of towels that are screaming to be washed.

I alway thought if I stayed home I would have supper on the table every night and make lunches every day for the kids. Something I hardly ever did when I worked outside the home. Now I do cook way more than I ever have but not as much as I had imagined in my head as a stay at home mom/wife.

I always thought if I stayed home I could stay up later and spend more time with Bradley and get things done around the house I couldn't while the kids are awake. And we would just be able to sleep in because we wouldn't have to get up for anything. Although we do get to sleep in most days, it's not everyday especially with a baby. Now that I stay home I find my self staying up till 11 or 12 and that's crazy for me. I've always been the one who would like to be asleep by 9 and up by 8.

With all that being said, I wouldn't have it any other way. Well, maybe I'd like the laundry to be caught up everyday.

I love that I can be the one to take and pick up kynlie from school and while she's there I get one on one time with kooper. I love that if I need to run to town to get something or pay a bill I have the luxury to do that. I LOVE if by chance the kids take a nap at the same time (which doesn't happen too often) I can take a nap with them...if I want! I love that we can go visit my mom at work anytime we go to town. I love how we can plan fun play dates with other friends who are home. And so much more.

I truly am blessed to be able to do what I do. I have to thank God first for the answered prayers and then my husband who is by my side and of course our parents!!!

Not every day is sunshine being a stay at home mom/wife. I get frustrated with my kids, myself, Bradley etc. There are days I miss getting dressed up and going into work and having adult conversations, being in the car alone ect. There are days I do not get to shower or I have to wait until someone can come by or when brad gets home. There are days I think I may go crazy because kooper wants to be held all day. But again with all that, I wouldn't trade my life for anything!

I'm excited for the future! I pray if it's Gods will I'll be able to stay home as long as they're in school.


With Love
Christie
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: